Our CSR strategy reflects the collective views and goals of all of our
employees. We pursue creating change via three
main avenues; the community, the environment and our people. To make as
much impact as we can, an internal CSR team look at all of the ways we
can give back and spur business-wide discussions to ensure we make a
difference. Here’s how we do it…
- Acting responsibly to our employees, clients, candidates, environment, communities, suppliers and to our organisation.
- Being sustainable and future proofed to create another 40 years of heritage and beyond
- Building employability through developing skills, knowledge and personal attributes that enhance a person’s capability to be effective in the workplace.
CSR Strategy: Community
Work Ready Programme
In support of our employability business ethic, we are fully committed to delivering a work ready programme that will enhance the employability of people in the communities where our employees are located. The work ready programme is designed by our Community Working Group and involves partnering with national, regional and local employability charities and trusts.
- Creating a compelling CV and digital profile
- Using online job search tools effectively
- Understanding the application process and psychometric testing
- Preparing to shine at assessment centres and impress at interviews
Giving something back; our charitable commitments
business is built on getting people into work, so at a grass roots
level we understand the complexity and challenges people face when
trying to find the right job.
“The whole team at
RSG are in a prime position to help break this cycle by providing advice
and practical guidance to young people involved with The Prince’s Trust
helping them take those first steps and evolve into the world of work.”
- Adam Meadows - Managing Director Solutions
CSR Strategy: Employees
The employee pillar centres on:
- Engagement - how we engage with our current & potential employees.
- Development - creating opportunities, promoting development and enhance their employability
- Inclusivity - fostering a culture where hierarchies or job descriptions are not a barrier to effective, cross-functional team working; where bright ideas are encouraged and supported and where everyone understands what each other does.
- Flexibility - harnessing technology to work smarter and questioning in a positive way traditional workplace practices
CSR Strategy: Environment
We are committed to identifying effective ways of working that reduce the impact on the environment. This includes initiatives such as:
- Communicating car sharing
- Promoting the cycle to work scheme
- Building on our existing recycling practices
- Selecting eco-friendly suppliers