Resource Solutions Group, Data Protection Policy
Resource Solutions Group Plc and its group companies ("we", "us" or "our") are committed to protecting and repecting your privacy.
The companies within our group are:
- Resource Solutions Group Plc (Reg. no. 01617971)
- Call Resourcing Ltd (Reg. no. 07384893)
- Fuse Recruitment Limited (Reg. no. 07411618)
- First Person Search and Selection Ltd (Reg. no. 05750282)
- Intelligent Consulting Ltd (Reg. no. 04149300)
- Intelligent Resource Ltd. (Reg. no. 04186197)
- ITF Solutions Ltd (Reg. no. 06772796)
- Jackson Milne Ltd (Reg. no. 06544231)
- Recruitment Partnership (Bristol) Ltd (Reg. no. 5120934)
- Resource Management (Services) Ltd (Reg. no. 2713065)
- Resource Management (Solutions) Ltd (Reg. no. 03620919)
- RSG (International) Ltd (Reg. no. 04480016
- RSG Management Ltd (Reg. no. 05095758)
- Sanderson Contract Management Ltd (Reg. no. 03101729)
- Sanderson ISS Ltd (Reg. no. 04546820)
- Sanderson Recruitment Plc (Reg. no. 02919156)
- Sterling Manhattan Ltd (Reg, no. 6296157)
- VFM Services Ltd (Reg. no. 04048986)
- Westek IT Recruitment Ltd (Reg. no. 04070572)
This data protection policy sets out details of how we each collect, use and store any personal information about you that we collect from you, or that you provide to any of us.
2 Information we may collect from you
Each of us may collect and use the following information about you:
- information contained in your CV;
- information contained in any documents that you send to any of us for identity verification purposes such as your passport or driving licence;
- information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with one any of our websites;
- if you contact any of us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our websites. This includes information provided to any us at the time of registering to use any of our websites (where applicable), subscribing to any of our services (where applicable), personalising any of our websites with your preferences or requesting further services;
- details of your visits to any of our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that you access;
- information about yourself provided by you to any of us for specific purposes.
To help us improve our services, if you send any of us personal information which identifies you via e-mail, we may keep your email and your e-mail address. Each of us may also collect information that is available from your browser.
3 Sharing your information with our group companies
Each of us may share any of your information with the other companies in our group. However, each of us will only ever use your personal information as set out in this policy.
Each of us may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers/partners. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, each of us may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is typically stored on the hard drive of your computer (as with most websites). Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
They help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our websites according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to any of our websites.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- In Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites";
- In Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- In Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies";
- In Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
5 Sensitive Personal Information
From time to time each of us may collect "sensitive personal information" about you - that is, information relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; criminal records.
If you provide any of us with any sensitive personal information, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
6 Where/how we store your information
All information that you provide to us in physical form such as documents will be stored securely at our offices or at a secure storage facility.
All information you provide to us electronically is stored on our secure servers. Where any of us has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
7 Security of shared information
Unfortunately, sending information to any of us via post, fax, email or the internet is not completely safe and secure. Although each of us will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information sent to us by any of these means and any information sent to us in this way is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will each use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
8 Use of your information
Where any of us collects information from you, or you provide information to any of us, we will inform you why we have collected the information (if applicable) and what we will use it for and ask you whether you are happy for us or other third parties identified to contact you with regard to similar services or unrelated services.
Except for the mailing list activities which each of us runs on some parts of our websites, where you explicitly consent to receive materials from us, we will not use your personal information collected from our websites to carry out unsolicited marketing activities. You may change your choice at any time by contacting each of us at [email@example.com]
Each of us may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or services that you expressly request from any of us or which any us feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and any of us;
- to notify you about changes to any of our service;
- for client service, product analysis and market research purposes;
- to meet any of our obligations under any applicable laws or regulations;
- to carry out any obligations or provide you with any other services, functionality or content which you specifically agree to on any of our websites.
If you are a candidate then, in addition to the above uses, each of us may also use information held about you:
- to process your application to register with any of us;
- for matching you with any of our clients and placing you with any of our clients for work assignments;
- for payment processing purposes;
- for contract engagement and processing purposes;
- to carry out credit assessments and identity verification, right to work, criminal record and background employment reference checks;
- for general records administration purposes.
If you are an existing candidate, unless you ask any of us to provide you with additional marketing information we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you (where applicable).
If you are registering as a new candidate, and where any of us permits selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
9 Disclosure of your information
Each of us may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you:
- in the event that any of us sell or buy any business or assets, in which case each of us may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event that any of us outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your information in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us;
- if any of us are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce other agreements or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- where any of us use your information to carry out credit assessments we will need to share your information with credit reference agencies to assess your eligibility to register with us as a candidate and to verify your identity;
- each of us may share your information with our associates, UK and overseas law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities and other relevant bodies for crime prevention purposes;
- each of us may share your information with our associates if they provide any products or services to you on our behalf.
Each of us will keep confidential any data or other information which any of us hold on you. Each of us may however disclose some or all of this information if:
- any of us are required to by any other governmental, judicial, law enforcement or regulatory bodies;
- you consent to the disclosure;
- any of us need to for a legitimate business reason; or
- any of us have stated that we may in this document.
11 Your rights
You have the right to ask each of us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. Each of us will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we wish to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms each of use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting each of us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
12 Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you want to change or update any information that we hold on you then you can request this by writing to us at Resource Solutions Group plc, First Floor, Clifton Down House, 54a Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2NH or by email to email@example.com
If you want to delete or deactivate your registration with us then you can also do this by writing to us at Resource Solutions Group plc, First Floor, Clifton Down House, 54a Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2NH. When we delete your record it will be permanently deleted but your information may still exist in backup copies for up to 90 days but can not be viewed by others.
13 Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet any of our costs in providing you with details of the information any of us holds about you.