RSG is committed to conducting all its business in a responsible and ethical manner.
RSG's CSR Programme has been created and implemented by those at the heart of our business who are accountable for the impact we have on our clients, our candidates, our markets, our suppliers, our environment and the communities we are part of. These are our employees.
Our CSR strategy is focused on three core pillar; Employee, Community and Environment and these pillars are underpinned by three core business ethics:
- Acting responsibly to our employees, clients, candidates, environment, communities, suppliers and to our organisation
- Being sustainable and future proofed to create another 40 years of heritage and beyond
- Building employability through developing skills, knowledge and personal attributes that enhance a person's capability to be effective in the workplace to the benefit of themselves, their employer, their colleagues, their marketplace (clients, candidates and suppliers) and the local community.
Below are some things we've achieved so far
The employee pillar centres on:
- Engagement – how we engage with our current & potential employees, ensuring they are given an active voice in the continuous evolution of RSG
- Development – creating opportunities, promoting development and investing in learning so our employees can fulfil their growth potential and enhance their employability
- Inclusivity - fostering a culture where hierarchies or job descriptions are not a barrier to effective, cross-functional team working; where bright ideas are encouraged and supported and where everyone understands what each other does and what else they could do
- Flexibility – harnessing technology to work smarter and questioning in a positive way traditional workplace practices
- We've promoted a cycle to work scheme
- Built on our exisiting recycling practices
- Reduced paper usage
- Selected eco-friendly supplier
The work ready programme - We're
fully commited to delivering a programme that will enhance the
employabilty of the people in the communites where our employees are
located. We've attended employablity days to help people with
- Creating a compelling CV and digital profile
- Using online job search tools effectively
- Understanding the application process and psyometric testing
- Preparing to shine at assessment centres and impress at interviews
-Sanderson employees at a Deaf and Disablity careers fare
Our charitable commitments
As part of our overall Corporate Social Responsibility strategy, the Matched Giving Scheme was established to encourage our members of staff to get involved in the voluntary sector and to help fundraise through personal participation in events or give their time freely to support the work of charities throughout the UK, uniting the company in pursuit of a worthy cause.
This year we have been able to donate a total of £3,245 towards a number of charities including Macmillan Cancer Support, Bloodwise, Oxfam, Children in Need, British Heart Foundation, Comic Relief, Thames Valley Air Service, the Nepal Earthquake Fund, Alzheimer’s Society and Text Santa to name a few.