RSG is committed to conducting all its business in a responsible and ethical manner.
RSG's CSR Programme has been created and implemented by those at the heart of our business who are accountable for the impact we have on our clients, our candidates, our markets, our suppliers, our environment and the communities we are part of.
Our CSR strategy is focused on three core pillars; Employee, Community and Environment and these pillars are underpinned by three core business ethics:
- Acting responsibly to our employees, clients, candidates, environment, communities, suppliers and to our organisation
- Being sustainable and future proofed to create another 40 years of heritage and beyond
- Building employability through developing skills, knowledge and personal attributes that enhance a person's capability to be effective in the workplace to the benefit of themselves, their employer, their colleagues, their marketplace (clients, candidates and suppliers) and the local community.
Below are some things we've achieved so far
The employee pillar centres on:
- Engagement – how we engage with our current & potential employees, ensuring they are given an active voice in the continuous evolution of RSG
- Development – creating opportunities, promoting development and investing in learning so our employees can fulfil their growth potential and enhance their employability
- Inclusivity - fostering a culture where hierarchies or job descriptions are not a barrier to effective, cross-functional team working; where bright ideas are encouraged and supported and where everyone understands what each other does and what else they could do
- Flexibility – harnessing technology to work smarter and questioning in a positive way traditional workplace practices
- We've promoted a cycle to work scheme
- Built on our exisiting recycling practices
- Reduced paper usage
- Selected eco-friendly suppliers
From June 1st the Princes Trust have become RSG's chosen charity. The Princes trust hope to get 60,000 into the working world in the next year.
Adam Meadows (Director) has said: "Our business is built on getting people into work, so at a grass roots level we understand the complexity and challenges people face when trying to find the right job.
“When the odds are also against you in terms of not having come through education with the right support or not had access to getting a first step on the jobs ladder, it can have a huge impact on people’s confidence, which creates a vicious cycle.
“The whole team at RSG are in a prime position to help break this cycle by providing advice and practical guidance to young people involved with The Prince’s Trust helping them take those first steps and evolve into the world of work.”
In June 2017 12 RSGers took the Action Medical Research challenge of Trek the Night - a 40 mile endurance hike through the Cotswolds to raise money for sick children. Together they raised over £5000 for the charity! Here is a picture of them at the finish line:
Our charitable commitments
As part of our overall Corporate Social Responsibility strategy, the Matched Giving Scheme was established to encourage our members of staff to get involved in the voluntary sector and to help fundraise through personal participation in events or give their time freely to support the work of charities throughout the UK, uniting the company in pursuit of a worthy cause.